Notes on the Two Earliest Parish Registers (June 1959)

This extract from The Archives was sent to the Parish Magazine on 10/10/2006 by John Partington. John, now retired from the post, was at that time Chairman of Clent History Society.

Following our successful History Day on Sunday 11/11/12 it is a good time to look at one or two of John’s selected extracts . . . → Read More: Notes on the Two Earliest Parish Registers (June 1959)

Fire on the Hills (8th August 1869)

John Partington’s selected archive piece; “On Sunday last, between twelve and one o’clock these beautiful and extensive range of hills was discovered to be again on fire, on that side next to the “Bogs” and, with a strong South wind blowing, flames soon spread up the hill and made a rapid progress towards The Grove and Hagley Park.” . . . → Read More: Fire on the Hills (8th August 1869)